|Bulgur wheat||175 Gram (6 Ounce)|
|Parsley||50 Gram, roughly chopped (2 Ounce)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheshire cheese||100 Gram, cut into 1 cm (0.5 inch) cubes (4 Ounce)|
1. Boil a kettle. Place the wheat in a sieve sitting in a large bowl which is about the same depth as the sieve.
2. Pour boiling water over the wheat to cover. Leave to absorb for 20 minutes, adding a little more water if the wheat appears dry.
3. Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients except the cheese and olives in a serving dish.
4. When the wheat is tender, lift the sieve from the bowl, pressing down on the wheat to push out any excess water. Transfer to the serving dish and toss to distribute the dressing evenly.
5. Sprinkle the cubed cheese and olives over and serve.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.8 mg8.6%
Sodium 286.3 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet