Oriental Chicken Salad
|Boneless chicken||750 Gram (1.5 Pound)|
|Water||450 Milliliter (0.75 Pint)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||3 , trimmed and finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||225 Gram (Rinsed And Drained)|
|Crisp lettuce||1 , washed and torn into shreds|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, bring the chicken and water to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Turn off the heat and let the chicken cool a little in the stock.
2. Measure out 150 ml (1/4 pint) of the stock, and mix with the vinegar, orange rind, spring onions, soy sauce and fresh ginger.
3. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, place in a deep serving bowl and pour the dressing over. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
4. Meanwhile, place the sesame seeds in an ungreased heavy-based pan and stir over a low heat until they start to 'jump' (2-3 minutes). Crush the seeds in an electric coffee mill or with a mortar and pestle.
5. Toss the bean sprouts, lettuce and crushed sesame seeds with chicken, and serve.