|Aubergines||1 Kilogram (Around 2 pound)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and very finely chopped|
|Tahini||3 Tablespoon (Sesame Seed Paste)|
|Finely chopped parsley/0.5 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley sprig||1 (To Garnish)|
1. Prick the aubergines all over and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Heat the grill or a griddle pan and continue to cook the aubergines, turning them until the skins are completely charred. Cool slightly then cut in half and scoop out the flesh.
3. Puree the aubergine with the lemon juice.
4. Mash the garlic with the salt in a pestle and mortar, and add to the puree. Stir in the tahini; leave to cool.
5. When cold, stir in the parsley or coriander.
6. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.