Jason Aziz On WMUR's Cooks Corner
|Fresh carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
|Fresh celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Long grain basmati brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (for seasoning)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound (pre-cooked)|
|Egg beaters||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
1. Cook the brown rice and shrimps separately and set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add water pan and steam it. Add carrot, sugar snap peas, red pepper and celery to the water. Steam for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add precooked brown rice, bean sprouts, soy sauce and egg beaters to the vegetables. Season the rice with toasted sesame oil.
4. Add shrimps to the pan. Mix all the ingredients together and stir fry.
5. Serve the fried rice hot with tomato sauce.