Oriental Style Grilled Mushroom Salad
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Assorted fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced (white button, crimini, portabella, shiitake, oyster)|
|Teriyaki sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad greens/Baby spinach||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In small saucepan, mix oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, mustard, onions and ginger and set aside.
2. Pile mushrooms in centre of large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
3. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
4. Fold edges and ends to seal well.
5. Barbeque on high heat about 5-6 minutes or until steaming.
6. Heat dressing on barbecue or stovetop just until boiling.
7. Divide salad greens evenly among 4 large salad plates. Top with warm mushroom slices and drizzle with hot salad dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
Prepare dressing in micro proof bowl or glass (2 cup/500 ml) measuring cup and heat in microwave until boiling.
Mushrooms could be cooked in 425º F (220 ºC) oven instead of barbeque.
Substitute roasted garlic teriyaki sauce for plain teriyaki sauce.