|Sponge cake||1 Large|
|Vanilla ice cream||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned peaches||450 Gram|
|Powdered sugar||6 Tablespoon|
1. Chill the ice-cream thoroughly in a freezer or in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
2. Chop the peaches. Keep aside a little of the syrup.
3. Place the cake in a baking dish. Sprinkle a little syrup from the can over the cake. Soak the cake thoroughly.
4. Cover the cake with the fruit.
5. Beat the egg-whites stiffly. Beat in half the powdered sugar gradually and fold in the rest This is a meringue mixture.
6. Cover the fruit with the ice-cream.
7. Cover the ice-cream completely with the meringue mixture.
8. Bake in a very hot oven at 500Â°F. for 3 to 4 minutes.
Variations: Instead of peaches and vanilla ice-cream, you can also use the following combinations:
(a) fresh strawberries and vanilla ice-cream.
(b) fresh mangoes and vanilla ice-cream.
(c) peaches and chocolate ice-cream.
You can further use a combination of two flavours of ice-cream.