Lemon Grass Vegetable and Noodle Soup by Tarla Dalal
|Chopped lemon grass||3 Tablespoon, roughly chopped|
|Boiled noodles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole dry kashmiri red chilies||2 , torn, soaked, drained|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced and blanched baby corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced and blanched carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched broccoli florets||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced and blanched french beans||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetarian seasoning cube||1 , lightly crushed|
1. Combine the lemon grass and ½ cup of water. Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Strain the mixture using a strainer and keep the lemon grass water aside.
2. Soak the red chilies in enough warm water for 20 minutes and drain well.
3. In mortar and pestle, combine the soaked red chilies, garlic and ginger. Pound it into a coarse paste. Keep aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add the baby corn, carrot, broccoli and French beans. Saute the vegetables over medium flame for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of hot water, 2 tsp of the red chili- garlic -ginger paste, lemon grass water, boiled noodles, soy sauce, salt and crushed seasoning cube. Mix well. Bring to boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 388.1 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet