Curry Tofu with Spinach Tomato and Bell Pepper
|Firm tofu cake||1 , cubed|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Scallions||4 Medium, diced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|For the spices|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Using paper towel pat dry the tofu cubes.
2. In a pan heat 2 teaspoon olive oil. Put the tofu cubes in a single layer and fry them till they turn brown on both the sides. Transfer into a plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan heat the olive oil. Put the red bell pepper and sauté for a minute. Return the tofu and continue to sauté.
4. Season with curry powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Stir well till it is evenly combined.
5. Add the tomatoes and scallions. Stir well and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Finally add the spinach leaves and cook till they are wilted and cooked. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the curried tofu with either brown rice or white rice.
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 536.2 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 90%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet