How to Make Beautiful Pan-fried Tofu and Zucchini, Dubujeon & Hobakjeon
|For pan fried zucchini|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For pan fried tofu|
|Green chili pepper||2 , slice (Optional)|
|Red chili pepper||2 , slice (Optional)|
|Crown daisy leaves||1⁄2 Ounce, washed, pat dried (ssukgot)|
|To coat tofu and zucchini|
|For pan frying tofu and zucchini|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (regular)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili pepper||2 , sliced (Optional)|
|Red chili pepper||2 , sliced (Optional)|
For Pan-Fried Zucchini:
1. Wash zucchini, dry with paper towel and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
2. Season both sides of zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
3. In a zip-lock bag, place the flour and add zucchini slices. Seal and shake to coat well.
For Pan-Fried Tofu:
4. Gently rinse and pat dry tofu with paper towel. Cut into 3/8-inch slices.
5. Season both sides of tofu with salt and pepper.
6. Lightly dredge it with flour and set aside.
7. In a bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt.
For Pan-Fried Tofu:
8. Dip dredged tofu in egg mixture to coat well.
9. In pan heat oil over medium flame, place tofu and decorate it with chili pepper slices and daisy leaves. Cook until light golden brown on both sides.
10. Transfer to paper towel and let drain.
For Pan-Fried Zucchini
11. Now, dip zucchini slices in the remaining egg mixture and fry it in the same pan, decorated with chili pepper and daisy leaves.
For Dipping Sauce:
12. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, water, sesame oil, green onion, minced garlic, and chili peppers.
13. Serve hot with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg47%
Sodium 1207.5 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet