Lebanese Fattet Humus
|Cooked chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Liquid from beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chickpeas Water)|
|Pita bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), toasted|
|Tahini sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Bake the pita bread chips until golden in color and place in a deep dish.
2. You can still fry the bread in oil until golden brown but this will make your recipe higher in calories and fat.
To make the Tahini sauce :
3. Add yogurt, Tahini, Lemon juice, Salt, Garlic and the hot chili peppers if you are using them and mix to a smooth finish.
4. You do not need an electric mixer for this step, a whisk or a fork would do.
5. Heat up the chickpeas with the water until boiling.
6. Put the bread chips in a deep dish.
7. Pour half of the amount of the Tahini and yogurt sauce and mix well.
8. Add two cups of chickpeas with some of the water, the rest of the Tahini sauce and mix well.
9. Smooth up the top.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and / or fried pine nuts or fried almonds with the oil that was used for frying.
This is a very delicious, economical recipe and very high in nutritious. Enjoy.
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 1101.9 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 25% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet