Kismis Khima Na Pattice
|Mince meat||500 Gram|
|Malt vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsi dhansakh powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Charoli||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash the potatoes and boil them in the pressure cooker till soft. When cooked, drain the water, peel and mash well till soft and fluffy. Mix in a little salt, black pepper and chopped coriander about 1/4 teaspoon or so. Roll into a ball and set aside.
2. Chop the onions finely and place in a saucepan along with 3 tablespoons of
oil. Cook on a medium flame till soft and golden. Add the powdered masalas. .
3. Mix the mince with the ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste and fry well in the onion mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup water at a time and cook till soft. When all the gravy has evaporated, add the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, dhansakh masala, fresh coriander, mint, chilli, black pepper powder, raisins and charoli. Mix well and cook till mince is tender.
4. Divide the mashed potato into equal sized balls. Size should depend upon your personal taste and requirements.
5. Grease both your hands with a little oil and take a potato ball and flatten it on the palm of your left hand. Place over a tablespoon of mince mixture onto it and fold the edges of the potato into a nice round ball. Then flatten it on a wooden board from both sides and cover with the bread crumbs and set aside. After you have finished up all your mince mixture, beat two eggs at a time with a pinch of cornflour in a soup plate.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai or a large fry pan. When the oil is hot dip the pattice into the beaten eggs and fry till golden brown.
7. Serve hot as a snack or at meal times with black masoor dal and spring onions and green sour limes.
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.3 mg31.8%
Sodium 146.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet