Blanche and her mother Vera teach you the best tips and tricks to create the most delicious stuffed grape leaves you have ever had in your life!
200 Gram, blanched (as needed)
2 , sliced (as needed)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)
1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed (of your choice)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1- 11/2)
1⁄2 Pound, diced (lamb, beef, chicken)
Salt and pepper
3 Tablespoon (as needed)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine rinsed rice, melted butter, diced meat, salt, pepper, all spice, and pureed tomatoes. Mix well.
2. On a blanched grape leaf, place a spoonful of stuffing and roll in burrito style. Repeat and prepare more rolls until all the stuffing is used up.
3. In a pot, lay grape leaf at the bottom and top it with tomato slices.
4. Place rolled grape leaves on top of tomato slices and pour boiling water to cover everything.
5. Pour pureed tomato and season with salt. Cover with lid and simmer for 60-70 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and invert on a plate. Remove the grape leaves placed at the bottom of the pot.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Instead of butter you may use a mix of olive oil and butter.
If you do not have grape leaves you may stuff zucchini or tomatoes.