Tempeh and Coconut Sauce and Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Soy milk||2 Ounce|
|Coconut extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots/Any vegetables of choice||1|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Peas||1 Tablespoon (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar/White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked pumpkin||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Allspice||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||8 Ounce (Nuts Can Be Added Too)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tea leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla soy milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Agave syrup/Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
A tempeh recipe with coconut and peanut butter sauce alongside flavored jasmine rice is a great meal to enjoy on a lazy afternoon. Here is the recipe for it along with some vegan pumpkin cookies with raisins for dessert.
Directions for preparing the tempeh:
• Cut the tempeh up into blocks and put it in a bowl. Add the coconut milk in the bowl with the tempeh chunks.
• Add 2 ounces of soy milk and a little coconut extract along with some brown sugar.
• Heat some oil in a pan and add the crushed red pepper flakes and ground coriander in. Mix it well and add the chopped carrots and onions.
• Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook it for just one minute on medium heat.
• Uncover the pan after a minute and add the peas. Stir it in well and add the coconut milk and tempeh mix to it.
• Add some peanut butter to it (amount according to preference)
• Cook (simmer) it with the lid on for another 15 minutes on medium heat.
• Serve it hot with some cooked jasmine rice.
Directions for preparing the pumpkin cookies:
• Take a food processor and add some vegetable shortening to it.
• Add ¾ cup brown sugar/white sugar to it and blend it in.
• Add one can of cooked pumpkin, ½ cup of molasses and ¼ cup of soft tofu.
• Add 1 ½ of vanilla extract and blend it in well together.
• Pour the blended ingredients into a large bowl and add 1 ¼ tsp of cinnamon and allspice to it. Mix it well with a whisk or ladle.
• Add some raisins and again stir it in. You can add nuts too.
• Add 1 tsp of baking soda and 2 cups of sifted flour and mix it all in together. Avoid leaving lumps.
• Take a cookie sheet and put a parchment paper on it. Spoon the cookie batter on the parchment paper for individual cookies.
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and put the cookies in to bake for 10-12 minutes.
• Take them out of the oven and let them sit to cool before serving
Directions for making the Indian chai with soy milk
• Pout some ice in a glass and pour the brewed chai tea in leaving ¼ of space at the top.
• Add some vanilla soy milk and the desired amount of agave syrup.
• Stir it in a little and serve cold.