This slaw is a great alternative to Cole slaw. It is light, fresh and delicious. You can make it gluten free by using gluten free soy sauce. Enjoy!
1 Small, finely sliced
2 Large, peeled, julienned
Green onion stalks
2 Medium, chopped finely (dark green part)
2 Tablespoon, sliced thinly
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Small, juiced
Rice vinegar/White vinegar
Dark brown sugar
1 Clove (5 gm), minced
1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced
1. In a small dry skillet toast the sesame seeds. Shake the pan occasionally, till they are fragrant and turn brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
2. In a bowl put the cabbage, carrots, scallion greens, red onion and peanuts. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Whisk well to mix.
4. Put the toasted sesame seeds and whisk well till combined.
5. Pour the dressing onto the cabbage salad and toss or stir until everything is coated well in the dressing.
6. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve the salad either as a side dish with choice of main or as a salad appetizer.