Soondubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Stew) from AKwan's Kitchen. Soondubu jjigae is a popular Korean hot and spicy stew which consists of tofu, seafood, and mushrooms. Here is a simple recipe on how to make it--Gangnam style!
5 Clove (25 gm), smashed
5 Cup (80 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Medium, peeled
Sesame oil/Vegetable oil
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
6 Large, peeled, deveined
Soft silken tofu slices
1 Tablespoon, chopped
Green chili pepper
1 Small, chopped finely (to taste)
1. In a large pot, add water. Put kombu, anchovies, onion, garlic and shitake mushrooms.
2. Put it on medium heat and bring it to boil. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool to be handled.
3. Strain Shitake mushrooms from the stock and slice them thinly.
4. In a pot, heat vegetable oil. Put the sliced shitake mushrooms, ground beef, chilli flakes.
5. Pour 2 cups of the prepared stock. Add the seafood, shrimps, fish sauce, tofu slices and bring it to boil.
6. Allow to simmer till all ingredients are well cooked.
7. Add the scallions, green chilli pepper and continue to simmer.
8. Break the egg into the soup and cook for few minutes and turn off the heat.
9. In a serving bowl, serve the soup hot with any crispy bread or as it is.