AKwan's Kitchen - S3E9: Soondubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Stew) - Season 3
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), smashed|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Kombu||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, peeled|
|Sesame oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chili flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed seafood||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp||6 Large, peeled, deveined|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft silken tofu slices||3|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green chili pepper||1 Small, chopped finely (to taste)|
1. In a large pot, add water. Put kombu, anchovies, onion, garlic and shitake mushrooms.
2. Put it on medium heat and bring it to boil. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool to be handled.
3. Strain Shitake mushrooms from the stock and slice them thinly.
4. In a pot, heat vegetable oil. Put the sliced shitake mushrooms, ground beef, chilli flakes.
5. Pour 2 cups of the prepared stock. Add the seafood, shrimps, fish sauce, tofu slices and bring it to boil.
6. Allow to simmer till all ingredients are well cooked.
7. Add the scallions, green chilli pepper and continue to simmer.
8. Break the egg into the soup and cook for few minutes and turn off the heat.
9. In a serving bowl, serve the soup hot with any crispy bread or as it is.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.6 mg74.2%
Sodium 1282 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 12% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet