How to Make Asian Chicken Tacos in the Crockpot
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||6 (4-6)|
|Coleslaw mix||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green onion||2 , sliced|
|Sesame seed||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), toasted (Optional)|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (warmed in the microwave)|
|White sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Burrito shell||200 Gram (1 package soft, burrito style, tortilla shells- whole wheat or flour)|
|For asian flavor boost|
|Fresh garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sriracha chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. For Asian flavor boost, in a small bowl combine garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, vinegar, sriracha, and sesame oil. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water.
3. Grease your Crockpot with cooking spray.
4. In a prepared Crockpot, place chicken breast and pour flavor boost in it.
5. Cover the pot and cook on low settings for 4-6 hours, turning once or twice while cooking.
6. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, pour cornstarch in it. Mix well and continue to cook.
7. Once the chicken is done, using two forks, pull the chicken apart and mix it with sauce.
8. In a medium sized bowl, add coleslaw and green onion.
9. In a separate bowl, mix together vinegar, salt, and sugar. Put a small amount in coleslaw and mix well. Taste and add more, if required.
10. Sprinkle sesame seeds and toss well.
11. On tortilla shell, place one cup of chicken mixture and ½ cup of slaw. Roll as shown in the video.
12. Serve Asian chicken taco immediately and enjoy.
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 150.1 mg50%
Sodium 1137.3 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 67 g133.7%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet