Chef Ned Bell joins Global BC's Saturday Chefs creating Bell pepper rosemary skewers in warm grape tomato, cheddar and honey dip.
For grape tomato dip
2 Pound (Concerto)
1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (or white cheddar)
Cracked black pepper
For baby bell pepper rosemary skewers
Sweet baby bell pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into large pieces (Dolce super sweet baby bell pepper)
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into large pieces (Fresco mini cucumber)
1 Teaspoon (as needed)
For Grape Tomato Dip:
1. Place a small pan on flame and pour olive oil in it.
2. Drop tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add honey, salt, pepper, and cheese. Simmer until cheese melts. Remove pan from heat and allow it to cool briefly.
4. In blender, transfer the tomatoes and puree to get desired consistency.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
For Baby Bell Pepper Rosemary Skewers
1. Stem rosemary sprigs and thread pepper pieces in it.
2. Season peppers with olive oil, rosemary, and salt.
3. Place it in oven and bake, grill or roast until tender.
4. Serve pepper with warm tomato dip.
You can use the dip as pasta sauce, or spread.
If desired drizzle olive oil on top of dip before serving. Serve it warm or cold.