Baked Fish Biriyani/ Shrimp Biriyani
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||3 Small|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basmati rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oil/Ghee, butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Gulab jal/Pineapple essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven at 400*F.
2. In a bowl, combine turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, oil and water. Combine to make paste.
3. Coat each fish with this paste and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. In a baking sheet greased with olive oil, spread the fish and pop into the oven for 40 minutes at 400*F.
5. After 30 minutes, flip the fish and bake for another 30 minutes.
6. For making masala – in a pan, sauté onion and salt.
7. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies.
8. Add garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for a while.
9. Add tomatoes and stir it.
10. Add mint, coriander leaves and lemon juice when tomato is soft. Cover the lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Keep stiring it.
11. Add baked fish in the masala. Cover the lid and let it simmer.
12. For making rice – in a pan boil water.
13. In another pan, heat oil and add rice into it. Heat it up for a while.
14. Add boiling water to it. Add salt and turmeric. Cover the lid and let it cook.
15. Let the rice stir for 10 minutes when it’s cooked through.
16. In a pan, lay baked fish, rice and add a few drops of rose essence.
17. Cover it with alluminium foil and bake it for 40 minutes at 359*F.
18. Serve with curd or raita.