Jjajangmyeon - Korean Noodles with Pork and Black Bean Sauce
|Pork/Ground pork||8 Ounce, diced|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shaoxing wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Black bean sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, mixed with water|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chow mein noodles/Instant ramen noodles||1⁄2 Packet|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , julienned (For garnishing)|
1. In a wok on high heat, add and heat the oil. Add in the onion and garlic and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
2. After 2 minutes, add carrots and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Once the carrots are slightly cooked, make space in the center of the wok for the pork. Add the pork pieces in the center and pour the shaoxing cooking wine around the wok until it sizzles.
4. Mix all the ingredients until well combined and cook it for about 15 minutes until the pork pieces are no longer pink.
5. Add black bean sauce, mix well and cook it for another 2 minutes.
6. Pour in the chicken stock, mix well and simmer the mixture for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the pork is done.
7. Pour in the cornstarch, mix well and let the mixture thicken for about 3 minutes.
8. Add in the brown sugar, mix well and cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
9. For the noodles: In a pot of boiling hot salted water, add in the noodles and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes and drain well once they are cooked.
10. Take a large serving bowl, add the cooked noodles and top it one side with the pork and black bean sauce and the other side with freshly julienned cucumber. Serve immediately.