Bright and vibrant, this soup provides warmth and comfort. Overflowing with sweet and tender seafood and silken tofu floating on top, the tofu adds body and soaks up all the different flavors to add a different textural dimension to the soup.
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Clove (20 gm), minced
2 , sliced
1 , sliced
Korean red pepper flakes
2 Cup (32 tbs) (cuttle fish, shrimp, clams, crab or any other seafood of choice)
3 , finely chopped
1. In a stone earthenware pot, heat mushroom broth and allow to simmer.
2. In a mesh capsule, put in the anchovies and kelp and place the capsule in broth.
. Allow to simmer the broth for 20 minutes with the capsule in it.
3. Remove the capsule and toss in the minced garlic, sliced jalapenos, sliced onions, fish sauce, Korean red pepper flakes and sesame oil.
4. Allow the broth to come to a fierce boil.
5. Drop in the seafood of your choice and allow to boil.
6. Crumble in the Tofu and add to the broth and season with salt and pepper.
7. Crack in the egg.
8. Sprinkle in the finely chopped green onions and allow it to boil.
9. Cover and cook until all seafood is cooked and the egg on top is sets.