Korean Spicy Stir-fried Shrimp with Somyeon
|For the marinade|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon (Gochugaru)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|For the rest|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and thinly sliced at an angle|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Zuchhini||100 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Green chili||1 Large, thinly sliced at an angle|
|Red chili||1 Medium, thinly sliced at an angle|
|Green onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|For the mung bean sprouts|
|Mung bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Somyeon noodles||350 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chili||1⁄3 , thinly sliced|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, add the Gochujang paste, mirin, sugar, black pepper, Korean red pepper flakes, sesame oil, garlic and salt. Mix together.
2. Marinate the shrimp with the above paste and set aside.
3. Chop the vegetables as advised.
4. For blanching the bean sprouts and cooking the Somyeon noodles, heat the water with the salt added to it.
5. Once it boils, drop the bean sprouts and blanch for 5 seconds before removing them in ice water so that they remain crunchy.
6. Add the Somyeon noodles to the same water. Once it comes to a boil add a cup of ice water.
7. Repeat the above process for three times before draining the noodles and resoaking them in ice water. Rinse them and set aside.
8. In a wok, heat the vegetable oil.
9. Add the onions and carrots and stir fry for a few minutes. Season with salt.
10. Add the zucchini and stir fry for a few minutes.
11. Drop the shrimp and stir fry everything together on very high heat for 2 minutes.
12. When the shrimp is about three quarters done, add the peppers and stir them in.
13. Turn off the heat and add the green onions.
14. On a serving plate, add the noodles first and top with the mung bean sprouts.
15. Empty the stir fried shrimp and vegetables on it.
16. Garnish with sesame seeds, green chili slices and a dash of sesame oil before serving it hot.