Beef Mechado (Beef Stew in Tomatoes)
|Beef||500 Gram (Fatty beef cuts are better)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cubed|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Green bell pepper||2 Medium, cut into medium pieces|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mushroom||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pan, heat the vegetable oil.
2. Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil.
3. Add the tomatoes and sauté well.
4. Drop the beef cubes in the pan. Stir well.
5. Season with black pepper.
6. Empty the entire jar of tomato sauce. Stir well.
7. Add a cup of water and pressure cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
8. After 30 minutes, release pressure before cooking.
9. Drizzle in the soy sauce and add potatoes and carrots.
10. Season with salt and simmer it covered for 10 minutes.
11. Add green bell pepper, mushrooms and green peas and give it a stir. Simmer covered for another 10 minutes.
12. Serve over steamed white rice