Sempio Dakgalbi (춘천 닭갈비)
|Dak galbi sauce||1 Packet (Sempio)|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Sticky rice cakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Korean sweet potato||1 Large|
|Perilla leaves||6 Large|
|Green onions||2 Medium|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For the chicken breast pieces|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. On a chopping board, place the chicken breast pieces and slice them into 1 x ½ inch inch strips. Transfer the cut pieces in a bowl.
2. In the same bowl, add and combine the cooking wine, black pepper and 2/3 packet of the DakGalBi sauce with the chopped chicken pieces. Mix until well combined and let it marinate for about 10 minutes. Set aside the remaining sauce.
3. On a chopping board, using a sharp knife, chop the korean potato, cabbage and perilla leaves same size as that of the chicken pieces. Cut the green onions stalks into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
4. In a saute pan on medium high, heat the oil and add the marinated chicken pieces, sweet potato and fry this for about 5 - 7 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage, rice cakes, remaining DakGalBi sauce and mix well. Fry this on medium high heat for about 10 - 15 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked completely.
6. After 10 - 15 minutes, stir in the green onions and perilla leaves. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, switch off the heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds, mix well and get ready to serve.
7. Serve this chicken dakgalbi with steamed rice or any other dishes.
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 580.6 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 112.3% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet