Korean Braised Short Ribs
|Short ribs||5 Pound, cut into large pieces|
|Potatoes||2 Large, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Carrot||2 Large, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 2 inch pieces at an angle|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into large pieces|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Tablespoon (or Mul Yeut- 6 tablespoons)|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Green onion stalks||1 Medium, chopped finely (Optional)|
1. Cut the ribs between the bones and make slits on the meat.
2. Soak it in cold water for 1 or 2 hours (optional step).
3. In a large pot, put the short ribs, pour water and bring it to boil on high heat.
4. In the meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
5. Once boiled and meat cooked, drain off the water from the ribs and rinse them gently in cold water for 3 times.
6. In a large pot, put the cooked meat, pour water. Add soy sauce and Mul Yeut/ sugar.
7. Cover the pot and bring it to boil and cook for 30 minutes (do not cover the pot completely to avoid overflowing).
8. Put potatoes, carrot, green onions, onion, garlic and black pepper. Cover and continue cooking on low heat for another 60 minutes.
9. In a serving bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions and serve hot with noodles or rice.
Calories 2477 Calories from Fat 1862
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 206 g317.6%
Saturated Fat 89.6 g447.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.9 mg143.6%
Sodium 3013.8 mg125.6%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 90 g180.7%
Vitamin A 141.2% Vitamin C 88.1%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet