Beef and Vegetable Rolls (소고기 야채말이)
|Beef slices||1⁄2 Pound (or 4 Pieces of 6×9 Inch, trimmed at the edges to get equal lengths)|
|Bulgogi sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Sempio)|
|Red sweet peppers||1|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1|
|Green hot pepper/Sweet pepper||1 Large|
|Perilla leaves||4 Large, washed and dried|
1. In a pie dish, place the beef slices and pour the bulgogi sauce over the slices. Make sure the pieces are covered completely in the bulgogi sauce, then wrap the pie dish with a cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for about an hour.
2. On a chopping board, place the red, yellow and green hot or sweet peppers and using a sharp slice them into 1/4 thick inches to get around 8 pieces each. Set these slices aside.
3. Place the onion on the chopping board and slice them into 1/4 inch thick, 16 slices. Set them aside.
4. After 1 hour, remove the marinated beef slices from the refrigerator and place the beef slices one at a time on the chopping board. Flatten it out and place 1 perilla leaf on top of the beef slice.
5. To this add 2 pieces each of the red, yellow and green hot or sweet pepper slices and about 4 onion slices. Place them close to each other.
6. Gently take one end of the marinated beef slice and roll it up tightly along with the perilla leaf.
7. Take a medium sized non stick pan and heat it on a medium high flame. Once the pan is hot enough, add the beef rolls with the folded side face down into the heated pan and pour the rolls with the leftover bulgogi sauce from the plate.
8. Let the beef rolls cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
9. After 10 minutes when the rolls no longer look pink, turn the beef rolls occasionally for another 5 - 8 minutes or until they are evenly cooked on both sides.
10. Once done, remove and let them cool before cutting them diagonally and serving.
11. Serve these beef rolls with some hot sauce or dip of your choice.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 429.1 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 219.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet