Liver Aleti Paleti
|Kashmiri red chillies||13|
|Garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Small|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grind the masala in vinegar. Clean and skin the gizzards, wash and cut into small pieces. Apply salt and set aside. Clean the livers and cut each into two pieces. Wash, salt and set aside.
2. Cook the gizzards in a pressure cooker with two cups of water till soft. Drain the gizzards.
3. Heat half a cup of ghee in a pan and put in the masala and cook over a medium flame for five minutes. Add the cooked gizzards and one cup of water and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the crushed jaggery, shake the pan from side to side and remove from the heat.
4. Place one cup ghee in a kadhai and lightly fry the salted livers in small batches till cooked and drop them in the gizzard gravy.
5. Cut onions, potatoes and tomatoes into thick rings. Wash, salt and deep fry the first two. Lay out the gizzard and liver gravy in a flat dish and top with golden fried potato rounds, onion rings and tomato slices.