Bibimbap - Korean Food
|For gochujang sauce|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Beef sirloin steak||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into small cubes|
|For the beef marinade|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the spinach|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the zucchini|
|Zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), julienned|
|For the mushrooms|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
|For the carrot|
|Carrot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), julienned|
|Stir fried burdock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the kimchi|
|Kimchi||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For the other toppings|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Radicchio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Cooked white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 (cooked sunny side up)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. For the gochujang sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, mix together gochujang sauce, fuji apple, onion, sugar, ground black pepper, sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce and garlic.
2. Pulse it into a fine paste and set aside.
3. For the beef: Marinate the beef with the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
4. For the spinach: In a sauté pan, pour sesame oil and heat it.
5. Add minced garlic, spinach, black pepper and salt. Sauté it till it wilts and set aside.
6. For the zucchini: In the same sauté pan, heat the sesame oil.
7. Empty the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Sauté it for a couple of minutes and set aside.
8. For the mushrooms: In the same sauté pan, heat the sesame oil.
9. Add the shitake mushrooms and season with salt.
10. Sauté for a couple of minutes and set aside.
11. For the carrot: In the same sauté pan, heat the sesame oil.
12. Add the carrot and sauté for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
13. For the kimchi: Add sugar, sesame seeds and sesame oil to the kimchi.
14. Saute the marinated and seasoned beef and cook till done.
15. Pan fry the egg sunny side up.
16. Arrange all the sautéd veggies and beef along with the stir fried burdock, alfalfa sprouts, romaine lettuce and radicchio.
17. In a bowl, take the rice.
18. Place all the stirred veggies and beef on the rice. Take care to alternate between colors so that the bowl looks visually appealing.
19. Place the egg on top.
20. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and drizzle the gochujang sauce.Serve right away.