Crock Pot Recipe # 1:Teriyaki Pork Shoulder, Beef & Chicken
|Low sodium chicken broth||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Teriyaki sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Kikkoman Original)|
|Rice vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), season|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Ginger slices||1 Medium|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon, toast|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|5 spice powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pork shoulder||6 Pound (4 1/2- 6)|
|Seasoning mix||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Dice the onion, garlic and keep it aside.
2. Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat.
3. Combine the chicken broth, Hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, brown sugar, Sambal, onions, garlic, orange zest, orange juice, sesame oil, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, Chinese 5 Spice, and black pepper into the crock pot. Turn the crock pot on to the lowest setting.
4. Remove excess fat from the pork shoulder. Season all sides of the pork with Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning. Add the olive oil in the preheated pan. Place the pork shoulder into the pan. Cook the pork on each side for about 3 to 5 minutes or just until lightly golden brown.
5. Place the pork into the crock pot. Immerse the pork as much as possible into the teriyaki sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 hours.
6. Once done, place the pork into a bowl and remove all of the bones, connective tissue and fat. Shred the meat with your fingers or a fork. Cool and refrigerate.
7. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Discard all of the ingredients in the strainer. Cool the sauce, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or for best results refrigerate overnight.
8. Once ready to reheat and serve, combine the desired amount of sauce to the desired amount of shredded pork.
9.Serve with steam rice or teriyaki taco Asian style.
You can use different kinds of meat such as beef chuck roast, beef brisket, beef shoulder (butt), beef tri-tip or whole chicken breast.
A layer of fat will form on top of the sauce. Use to a spoon to scoop and remove it.