Korean Seafood Pancakes
|Pancake mix/Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Korean)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Squid||2 Ounce, cleaned, cut into rings|
|Clams||2 Ounce, cleaned|
|Shrimp||2 Ounce, cleaned, deveined|
|Green onion||12 Medium, roots cut|
|Chilli pepper||4 Medium, sliced diagonally (2- red; 2- green)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced (Optional)|
|Chilli pepper||4 Medium, sliced diagonally (2-red; 2- green)|
1. Wash all the seafood in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. DIPPING SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, water, vinegar, sliced red and green chillies and garlic if using. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix pancake mix, cold water, eggs and salt till incorporated and smooth.
4. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat. Grease the pan with vegetable oil.
5. Pour ½ cup of pancake batter into the pan. Move the pan in circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
6. Quickly lay 6 green onions on the batter alternating head and root side.
7. Top it with seafood and the red and green chilli peppers.
8. Using clean hand, gently press down the topping to get embedded into the batter.
9. Pour another ½ cup of batter over the topping and around the edges.
10. Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is golden brown in color.
11. Flip the pancake carefully and add a little vegetable oil around the edges.
12. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip again to the original side and remove from pan.
13. Repeat this to the rest of the batter.
14. In a serving plate, serve the pancake hot with the dipping sauce and Soju or any other drink.
Korean pancake powder can be replaced with regular flour.
You can use just one or two kinds of seafood as desired.
If you cannot take spiciness of chilli peppers, try using red and green bell peppers.
Calories 1367 Calories from Fat 822
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.7 mg106.2%
Sodium 2343.1 mg97.6%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 37 g73%
Vitamin A 83.7% Vitamin C 387.6%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet