1. In a large bowl, add the heavy cream and 2 tablespoon of sugar, Beat it till it forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate till used.
2. In another small bowl, mix cornstarch in 4 tablespoons of milk till dissolved. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat milk on medium high.
4. Add semolina slowly and whisk it continuously. Reduce the heat to medium low and keep whisking to avoid lumps.
5. As it begins to thicken, put lightly beaten egg slowly and continue to whisk.
6. Pour the cornstarch while whisking and continue to heat till it thickens to desired consistency.
7. Remove from heat and pour it into a large serving platter. Let it sit for 40 minutes to 1 hour to cool down.
8. After 1 hour, spread the Ashta custard over it evenly to form another layer.
9. Sprinkle pine nuts over it generously. Put the whipped cream over it shaped like a dome.
10. Put the almonds and pistachio on it as a top layer.
11. Decorate the serving platter with fresh banana sliced diagonally, pour the sugar syrup (atir) all over the custard generously and serve immediately or chilled.
Mastic syrup can be used instead of cornstarch if available. Caramel sauce can be used instead of Atir or sugar syrup
To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit egg from the recipe.
Variations can be made in this custard by sprinkling cinnamon powder instead of pine nuts or adding blueberries, raspberries or strawberries or any other fresh fruit instead of banana.