Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
|Pork||100 Gram, half frozen and thinly sliced|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Bamboo shoot||1 Tablespoon, julienned|
|Chinese dried mushroom||2 Medium, washed, soaked, drained and thinly sliced|
|Fungus||1 Medium, washed, soaked, drained and thinly sliced|
|Ginger slices||2 Medium, julienned|
|Tofu||150 Gram, washed and rinsed, thinly sliced|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Boiling water||600 Milliliter|
|Dark soy sauce||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Lee kum kee chilli bean sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken powder||2 Teaspoon|
|For soup bowl|
|Coriander leaves||2 Large, torn into small pieces|
|Chinkiang vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar essence||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Chili oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Care fully cut the half frozen pork horizontally first in thin slices and further cut the slices into strips.
2. In a small bowl, place pork with all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
3. Cover and refrigerate the meat for 1 hour.
4. Cut the Chinese mushroom into thin strips.
5. Cut the hard part of fungus and discard, cut the remaining soft part, stack it and slice thinly.
6. Cut the ginger in thin strips.
7. Cut the tofu in thin slices lengthwise and cut each slice into strips, soak tofu strips in water.
8. In a small bowl, stir the thickening ingredients to form paste.
9. In another bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon of water.
10. In soup bowl, place all the soup bowl ingredients.
11. In a saucepan, bring water to boil, put bamboo strips.
12. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
13. Using a perforated ladle, remove the bamboo strips, wash, rinse and drain, set aside.
14. In hot non-stick pan, heat 2 teaspoon of oil over medium high heat.
15. Add ginger and push to the side of the pan.
16. Put pork in the pan, spread and allow to cook one side for 1 minute.
17. Flip the meat and stir to separate.
18. Add mushrooms, fungus and bamboo and stir well.
19. Pour 600 ml of boiling water and reduce the heat.
20. Add both the soy sauce, bean sauce, chicken powder, sugar and salt.
21. Raise the heat to high and stir in the thickener.
22. As the liquid boils, reduce the heat, stirring continuously.
23. Pour in the beaten egg, and stir as it starts to set.
24. Raise the heat and add tofu and bring to boil.
25. In soup bowl with coriander leaf mixture, pour the hot soup, stir well. Serve immediately.