Skiz Fernando shows you how to make this popular Korean comfort food dish on the latest installment of Pan Asian.
Beef short rib
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 , shredded
1 Medium, roughly chopped
15 Gram, sliced (2-inch piece)
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1 , diced (Asian raddish)
3 , cut into cubes (2-3)
1 , diced
4 , sliced (3-4)
3 , sliced
1. Wash and trim off excess fat, if any from ribs. Score them for flavors to penetrate.
2. In a saucepan, put ribs and cover it with water. Place pan on flame and boil ribs for 10-15 minutes.
3. Skim the surface foam, remove ribs from pan, and reserve the liquid for later use.
4. For braising liquid, in a small bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, black pepper, and pear. Mix well.
5. In a large Dutch oven or pot heat oil, add onion, garlic, and ginger in it. Saute mixture for a couple of minutes.
6. Drop cooked ribs and fry until brown.
7. Pour braising liquid, and reserved stock in pot, just enough to cover the ribs halfway. Bring it to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat, cover, and let it simmer for 90 minutes.
9. Throw carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt.
11. Garnish with green onions and serve braised ribs hot with rice.
Pour more reserved stock, if required to cook vegetables.
Soak mushrooms in water for 15 minutes if using dried ones.