Homemade Gyoza Wrappers from Scratch
|Cake flour||100 Gram|
|Bread flour||100 Gram|
|Warm water||100 Milliliter|
1. Sift together cake flour and bread flour for 2-3 times.
2. Mix salt in warm water.
3. Add salted water little by little into the dry ingredients, using a spatula or a spoon to mix, until you can form the mixture into a ball with your hands.
4. Knead the dough for about 7 minutes. Add more water or flour depending on the consistency.
5. Shape the dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Rest the dough at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, you can prepare the filling.
6. Cut the log into 25-30 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll out each piece into a 3.7-inch (9.5cm) circle. (Make the outer edge thinner than the center, if possible.) Dust it again with flour and stack it up.
7. Fill up them with the ground meat mixture, steam and enjoy.
Instead of the combination of bread flour and cake flour, you can also use 200 grams (7 oz) of all-purpose flour also.
You can cut out with a circle cookie cutter to make perfect circles.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge (up to 3 days) until ready to use.
Calories 24 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.11 g0.17%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 64.8 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.85 g1.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet