Rice Balls - Jumeogbap / Onigiri
|For first filling|
|Canned tuna||5 Ounce|
|Ranch dressing with peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|For second filling|
|Crab meat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yum yum sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|For the 3rd filling|
|Boneless skinless chicken thigh||1 , chopped into small pieces|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cooking oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For rice balls|
|Short grain rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
|Cucumber||1 , sliced thin lengthwise|
1. Cook the rice as per directions in the package.
2. For the First Filling: In a bowl, drain the can of tuna.
3. Add the ranch. Mix and set aside.
4. For the Second Filling: In a bowl, shred the crab stick.
5. Add the yum yum sauce. Mix and set aside.
6. For the Third Filling: In a bowl,marinate the chicken pieces with soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, garlic and onion.
7. Heat a pan and add cooking oil to it.
8. Saute the chicken until done. Set aside in a bowl.
9. Take about 1/2 a cup of rice in between the palm of your hands.
10. Spoon in a little bit of the filling and shape the rice ball as shown in the video. This is done for both the tuna and the chicken filling.
11. Add a strip of Nori on the top and plate it. Repeat the same for the other balls.
12. For the cucumber wrapped rice ball: Take a tablespoon of rice in your hands and shape into a ball.
13. Take a cucumber strip and use it to wrap the rice ball.
14. Plate it and top with the crab meat salad and a few drops of the Sriracha sauce..
15. Serve the rice balls right away.
Calories 724 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.6 mg8.5%
Sodium 495.6 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet