Char Sui Beef Kabobs
|London broil beef roast||2 Pound, cut into 2-inch pieces (Dietz and Watson)|
|Bacon||1 Pound (Dietz and Watson Gourmet Imported)|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Bell peppers||2 Large, cut into large pieces|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Char sui sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
To Prepare the Skewers:
1. Soak 4 bamboo skewers (8 to 12 inches long) in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Alternately you can use metal skewers.
3. On each skewer place a piece of Angus Beef, then a strip of bacon, then the onion, then the pepper.
4. Repeat until you have used four pieces of ring bologna, three strips of bacon, three pieces of onion and three pieces of pepper.
5. Repeat with the other three skewers.
6. Lightly salt and pepper each skewer, brush with a bit of vegetable oil and let marinate for 1 hour.
7. In a large skillet heat the butter and add the skewers, searing them over high heat on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
8. Remove skewers, set aside and then baste with Char Sui Sauce.
9. Serve with tortellini salad, tomato fresco and garnish with fried wantons.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.6 mg14.5%
Sodium 2391.4 mg99.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 50 g100.2%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 88.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet