You guys asked for more, and I listened (cos I'm awesome like that)--I kid, I kid.
Juicy, succulent Sausage & fresh, spicy Kimchi are tucked into a tender Wonton skin. Quick, delicious, and the basis to allow your imagination to roam free (Bacon Cheeseburger filling, anyone)
1 Pound, uncased
2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped
3 Clove (15 gm), mince
1 Teaspoon, mince
2 , chopped (2 stalks)
Red pepper flakes
For the dipping sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 , juiced
1. In a large bowl, pile the sausage, Kimchi, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, green onions and red pepper flakes together.
2. Break in an egg in the mixture and mix together using hands.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes until chilled.
4. Place the wrappers on working table, brush on all four sides with egg wash and take about 1-2 teaspoons of your filling mixture and place it in the center.
5. Bring all the edges in center and press to seal the edges tightly.
6. In a shallow, but broad pot, sit the steam rack above the simmering water and in single layers, steam the pot stickers for about 15 minutes.
7. In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dipping sauce.
7. Serve the pot stickers hot alongside the dipping sauce.
You can give your pot stickers any shape you want.
The best Kimchi to use is one that is deeply fermented. The color will be a deep, dark red and the leaves will be super soft.