Korean BBQ Galbi
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound (thin, flanken/lateral cut ribs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soju/Coke||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar/Honey or agave||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Asian pear/Pear||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), mince|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Green onion stalks/Chive||3 , thinly sliced|
1. Rinse the ribs several times, and drain well.
2. In a casserole dish, spread onions and green onions or chives and place ribs on it.
3. Pepper both the sides of ribs.
4. In a bowl, mix together sesame oil and soy sauce and pour that on the meat.
5. Sprinkle minced garlic, ginger, grated Asian pear, brown sugar and sesame seeds on top.
6. Massage all the ingredients into the meat with your hands.
7. Cover and allow the meat to sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat the grill.
9. When ready bring the meat to room temperature.
10. Cook on the grill until the meat reaches to desired doneness and meat gets the grill marks.
11. Serve hot sprinkled with thinly sliced green onions or chives.
Ribs are best served with Perilla/Butter/Bib/Romaine Leaves, Hot Pepper Paste Sauce, and grilled Garlic and Mushrooms.
Calories 806 Calories from Fat 625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.2%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 584.8 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet