Budae Jjigae - Korean Cooking
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped into 3 inch lengths|
|Shiitake mushrooms/Crimini mushroom||3 1⁄2 Ounce, stemmed and sliced|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, julienned|
|Hot dogs||2 Medium, scored lightly and cut into thirds|
|Kimchi||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 Liter|
|Spam luncheon meat||1⁄2 Can (5 oz), sliced into ½ inch pieces and halved again into triangles|
|Rice cakes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Frozen Tteok - Korean rice cakes)|
|Instant ramen noodles||250 Gram|
1. In a earthen pot, put the kimchi in the middle and then arrange the prepared ingredients around the middle to make it look interesting. To finish, fill the empty spaces with some frozen tteok and top it with a couple of tablespoons of gochujang.
2. Place the pot on the burner and set on high heat. Add the chicken stock and let it come to a boil. Then turn it down to a simmer.
3. Use a whisk to blend the gochujang into the broth, turn down the heat to medium and let it simmer, covered for 3-5 minutes.
4. Take the lid off, clear a space in the middle of the mixture and add the ramen noodles. Cover again and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. When the ramen is done, uncover and serve.
6. Serve the Budae Jjigae warm.
If you don’t like Spam or hot dogs, use sausage, leftover steak or pork chops, chicken or even fish.
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.6 mg8.9%
Sodium 892 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet