Asian Style Chicken Wings
|Chicken wings||3 Pound (tips removed)|
|Garlic clove||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (add more or less)|
|For extra glaze|
|Hoisin sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||2 Tablespoon, toasted (For garnishing)|
|Scallion||7 , chopped (For garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the tip from chicken wings, they burn easily, you can use it to make chicken stock if desired.
3. In another bowl, combine together garlic, ginger, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes, and stir to mix.
4. Add the marinade to the wings and toss to coat evenly, allow to marinate until needed.
5. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Put the wings on the prepared pan in a single layer.
7. Place the wings in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes take the wings out, flip the wings over and return to the oven for 15-17 minutes.
9. Meanwhile in a pan on medium high heat, put all the ingredients for extra glaze and let it cook until reduced by half for about 5-7 minutes.
10. In a pan put the sesame seeds and lightly toast them.
11. Once the wings are cooked, remove them from the oven.
12. In a bowl, put the wings, spoon the glaze on them and toss to coat.
13. Sprinkle half of the sesame seeds and chopped scallions, over the wings and toss.
14. Place the wings in a serving bowl, and garnish with remaining sesame seeds and scallions. Serve hot.