Orange Marinated Asian Shish Kababs
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean beef sirloin||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Mushroom cap||200 Gram (16)|
|Green bell pepper||2 , cut into chunks|
|Broccoli florets||16 Small|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into squares|
|Tamari||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Fresh grated ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon (for marinade)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated (for marinade)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Any vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Asian chili sauce||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
1. For marinade, in a bowl combine soy sauce, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, vegetable oil, chilli sauce, and sesame oil. Mix.
2. In an airtight container, pour ¾ of the marinade, reserving ¼ for grilling.
3. Drop beef pieces in it. Mix, and place it in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. In the last four hours of marinating, add mushrooms in the container with beef.
5. Preheat grill to high (350-400 degrees F).
6. In skewer, thread green bell pepper, beef, broccoli, mushroom, and onion. Repeat until all the pieces are skewered.
7. With a brush, apply reserved marinade on skewers.
8. Place skewers on preheated grill, and cook for about 12 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in the center, turning frequently and basting it with reserved marinade.
9. Serve kababs hot with tomato sauce.
Cover the grill in between cooking.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 103.8 mg34.6%
Sodium 1124.5 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 208.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet