Vegetarian Curry Lentil Stew
|White onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Medium, seeded, finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Carrot||2 Medium, finely diced|
|Eggplant||2 Small, diced|
|Sweet potato||2 Small, peeled, diced|
|Tomato||2 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked lentils||16 Ounce, cooked (any kind)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||13 Ounce|
|Plain yogurt||12 Ounce|
|Regular salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||6 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare all the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a deep skillet or pan heat 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes or until translucent.
4. Put the garlic, ginger and chili pepper (if using). Mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add the parsley, carrots, eggplant, sweet potato and tomatoes. Mix well and cook for further 5 minutes.
6. Make a well in the middle and add the remaining oil. Add the curry powder, mix, and cook stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Mix everything well.
7. Add the lentils and mix well. Make another well in the middle and add the tomato paste.
8. Pour the coconut milk and stir thoroughly until the tomato paste is completely dissolved.
9. Add the yogurt and mix everything. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
10. Bring stew to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is completely cooked through.
11. In a serving plate, serve the stew hot with rice.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg1.8%
Sodium 746 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 174.4% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet