|Vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen (for the masala)|
|Onion||1 Large (for the masala)|
|Tomato||1 Large (for the masala)|
|Lemon||1 Large (for the masala)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely minced (for the masala)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, finely minced (for the masala)|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, finely minced (for the masala)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the masala)|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the masala)|
|Turmeric powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil/Ghee||4 Tablespoon, divided (for the rice and the masala)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon (for the masala)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the masala)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the rice)|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for the rice)|
|Cashews||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan heat oil and saute the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies until onions turn light brown.
3. Add the tomato, turmeric powder, and garam masala and stir until tomato softens
4. Add thawed vegetables and stir very well.
5. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, mint and cilantro leaves, and cook with a lid on low flame until vegetables soften stirring every five minutes.
6. In another pan heat oil and rice on a low flame to warm up.
7. Add the boiling water, rise to a high flame and add salt and turmeric powder.
8. When it starts boiling, cover with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame.
9. Heat oil in a pan and saute cashews and raisins until they turn brown.
10. Line the bottom of a baking dish with masala and then line with rice.
11. If desired sprinkle a little pineapple essence diluted with water.
12. Repeat the steps of alternating the layers and finally top with the sauted cashews and raisins.
13. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and tuck the edges so that the air does not escape.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes until nicely steaming.
15. Serve with pickle, poppadum and raita.