Here is a great way to use up left over rice, chicken and left over veggies in the fridge. You can use pretty much any vegetable you want as well as chicken, beef. pork or ham. You can also omit the meat and leave this vegetarian.
2 Tablespoon (or oil of choice)
2 Medium, chopped (white and green part)
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1 Tablespoon, minced
4 Clove (20 gm), minced
2 Medium, cut to small strips (skinless, boneless)
12 Medium, julienned
1 Small, diced finely
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Prepare the ingredients as per the list.
2. Heat a wok or deep skillet with the oil, until the oil starts to smoke.
3. Add the scallions, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
4. Put the chicken and cook for 4 minute more or until chicken starts to cook through.
5. Add the vegetables and cook until broccoli starts turning dark green.
6. Pour the soy sauce and add the rice. Mix well and heat rice through.
7. Make a hollow in the middle and add the eggs. Allow them to set for a few minutes and start scrambling them.
8. Once they are cooked but still soft, mix them into the rice. Mix well and turn off the heat.
9. In a serving bowl, serve it hot with your choice of condiments or salads.