Here's Jon Ham and Kirk Leins making a healthy grilled chicken with Tamari Sauce, Chopped Fresh Garlic, and Mirin (Japanese cooking wine). In this video, Chef Kirk explains how to pound chicken out to make it thinner.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
9 , chopped finely
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Place the chicken in plastic wrap and fold over. Then, using a meat mallot, pound gently on the chicken starting from the fleshy middle towards the outside.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and add the tamari sauce, garlic and mirin. Squeeze out as much of the air out of the ziplock and toss well to coat the breasts properly. Marinate for 15 minutes to overnight, whichever suits you.
3. Heat the grill. Remove the chicken from the ziplock bags and pat dry.
4. Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
4. Place over the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Plate and serve along with a mango sauce, brown rice and Mediterranean salad.