1 Cup (16 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)
Napa cabbage head
1 Large, cut into 4 lengthwise
8 Clove (40 gm), pureed
1 Tablespoon, grated (2 inch piece)
Asian fish sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Medium, grated
3 Medium, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1. Cut the Napa cabbages into 4 equal pieces lengthwise.
2. In a large bowl, fill with water and add 1 cup salt. Put the napa cabbages in it and soak for 4 hours.
3. Grate the radish, ginger.
4. Chop the green onions, bitter greens.
5. In a blender, add garlic cloves, ginger and fish sauce and blend till smooth.
6. In a bowl take the radish, green onions and bitter greens.
7. To this add the garlic mixture, chile powder, salt, sugar and mix well.Let it sit for a few hours.
8. Take the napa cabbages from the water. Squeeze out the excess water.
9. Carefully spoon the radish mix between each layer of the cabbage without breaking away the leaves.
10. Place it in a bowl with lid, one filled quarter on the other.
11. Press it to pack tightly and put the remaining radish mix over it. Spread it evenly.
12. Close the lid and allow it to sit for 3 to 4 days.
13. In a serving plate serve this as apetizer.