Ginisang munggo is another Fiipino comfort food. It is a delicious and nutritious mung bean stew cooked with pork and ampalaya leaves. Normally paired with fried fish.
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1 Large, chopped finely
2 Medium, chopped finely
1 Kilogram, diced (into medium pieces)
1 Bunch (100 gm) (bitter melon leaves)
2 Tablespoon (Filipino fish sauce)
1. Pre boil mung beans.
2. In a frying pan,add the chopped pork belly pieces.
3. Sprinkle in the salt and add a cup of water.
4. Cover and simmer until the water is evaporated.
5. Add the vegetable oil and fry pork until brown.
6. Throw in the minced garlic, chopped onions and chopped tomato.
7. Saute everything together.
8. Pour in the patis.
9. Add the pre boiled mung beans.
10.Saute for 2 minutes.
11.Add a cup of water and throw in the green chilies.
12.Simmer for 5 minutes.
13.Add the ampalaya leaves, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
14.Turn off the heat.