Fried rice is a great recipe to make when you want to use up leftover rice. This is a popular Chinese rice dish and has many variations. This one uses Chinese sausages, carrots and egg.
750 Gram (leftover plain cooked rice)
Chinese dried sausage
250 Gram, chopped (Lap Chong)
150 Gram, chopped finely
2 Large, beaten (with)
Light soy sauce
Ground white pepper
1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
100 Gram (Optional)
1. In a wok, skillet or non-stick pan, heat the cooking oil and spread evenly.
2. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and spread. Cook on one side then flip to the other side and cook another minute or two. Remove to a plate and slice the egg into strips. Set aside.
3. Add sausage to the wok/skillet and cook until brown, 1-2 minutes
4. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds then add carrots and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in light soy sauce and mix well with the contents of the pan, about 30 seconds.
6. Break up lumps in rice and add to the pan. Mix well, stirring lightly but thoroughly.
7. Add the cooked egg strips to the rice and mix well.
8. Serve hot.
You can add 100 grams drained green peas to the dish if you like.