Milwaukee's own Outpost Natural Foods and Simple Soyman Tofu join forces to make the BEST no-chicken fried chicken tofu. Great source of protein, B12 vitamins and deliciousness.
1. Cut the tofu into 4-5 slices and place them on a smooth kitchen towel, cover it with another similar smooth towel and place a heavy weight on top to drain out water.
2. Cut the tofu slices into cubes using a knife or cut into shapes using a cookie cutter.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and braise the tofu until golden in color from all side; it takes about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and mix well.
5. Drizzle tamari sauce and mix again.
6. Serve No-chicken Chicken-fried tofu like chicken nuggets or with rice and vegetables.