A tasty, meatless dish using marinated tempeh as a protein source (meat substitute). Going meatless is a great way to reduce saturated fats, lowering risks for diabetes-related heart disease.
4 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed
2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Red bell pepper
1 , thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl, prepare the marinade by combining the soy sauce, sherry, honey, garlic, ginger and the red pepper.
2. Into the marinade add in the tempeh and let marinate for couple of minutes.
3. In a steamer, steam the broccoli for 3 minutes until the broccoli is crisp but tender enough to pierce with a fork.
4. Drain the tempeh and collect the marinade.
5. Into the remaining marinade, add in water and the corn starch as a thickener.
6. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over high heat; sauté the tempeh and red bell pepper for 4 minutes.
7. Add in the steamed broccoli and the marinade; sauté for approximately 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
8. Serve Stir Fried Tempeh with Broccoli alongside brown rice for a complete meal.