A great dish with an Asian flair from Dr. Janet Brill's book "Cholesterol Down", featuring pineapple and ginger. This diabetes-friendly recipe is a winner.
2 Tablespoon, divided
1 Pound, peeled and cleaned
Super firm tofu
8 Ounce, drained and cubed
4 Clove (20 gm), minced
2 Tablespoon, minced
Fresh green beans
12 Ounce, trimmed
Canned pineapple tidbits
8 Ounce, drained
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
3 , thinly sliced
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the shrimps; cook the shrimps for 5 minutes turning and stirring until the shrimp is opaque. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and add in the garlic, ginger and tofu; sauté for 5 minutes until the garlic and tofu are brown.
3. Add in the pineapple and sauté until the pineapple begins to caramelize.
4. Stir in the green beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add in the cooked shrimps back into the skillet along with the chicken broth and teriyaki; stir and cook covered for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve on the sides of brown rice.